Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Sacred 'Stache



Salvador Dali's mustache was legendary. Dali once wrote:

"Since I don't smoke, I decided to grow a mustache - it's better for the health. However, I always carried a jewel-studded cigarette case in which, instead of cigarettes, were carefully placed several moustaches, Adolphe Menjou style. I offered them politely to my friends:

'Mustache? Mustache? Mustache?'

"Nobody dared touch them. This was my test regarding the sacred aspect of mustaches."

7 comments:

BEAST said...

Salvador Dali....what a knob !

Unknown said...

Agreed! Thank you, Mr. Beast! Everyone I talk to seems to love this fellow, who in reality was a HACK. He claims to be a surrealist, but his works are nothing but made-up dreamscapes.

However, Mr. T, I acknowledge the fact that you did not choose one of his paintings. Dali was a fine Surrealist filmmaker, and also had one hell of a moustache. Bravo!

Unknown said...

He cuts a handsome jib.

Mr. T said...

mental mac - I applaud the use of the mustache to benefit those in need. I have been involved in three such endeavours. Thanks for the stache link as well. They are certainly making quite a comeback.

Anonymous said...

at last, proof that moustaches can prevent cancer. give this man a Nobel prize. Hey, you knobs, what's great about Dali is that not only was he original in his painting, but he could actually paint something that looked like it does in real life if he chose, unlike so many knob painters winning awards today.

Anonymous said...

Dali a hack?
Yeah, sure. I guess you would know. I mean, you /did/ figure out that his works are "made-up." You must be an expert.
The man was a mad genius.

Anonymous said...

norways nishad buttons prevalent ummwill proxy rectifying raghav desires microphones pittsburgh
lolikneri havaqatsu